- Wells Fargo Refinancing For Existing Customers
- 2015 Government Mortgage Help targets FHA Programs
- How to Find Cheaper Closing Costs on your Mortgage
- Obama Extends the HARP Refinance Program for 2013
- IRS Supplies Guidance on Home loan Modifications
- Indiana State Mortgage Help for Those in Danger of Foreclosure
- Mortgage Assistance Available in Oregon
- Wisconsin Mortgage Assistance Programs
- How to Write the Mortgage Hardship Letter
- CHFA EMAP Program for Homeowners
California Housing Finance Agency focuses attention on first time borrowers and renters. So whether you are planning to buy your first home or you lost your home and need to find a suitable rental in California this is an agency you will want to visit.
California Housing Finance Agency home purchase programs include:
– 30-year fixed mortgage, California Homebuyer’s Downpayment Assistance Program (CHDAP) .
– The CalHFA Housing Assistance Program (CHAP).
– The 30-year Fixed – Government Insured/ Guaranteed Mortgage.
– The Affordable Housing Partnership Program (AHPP).
– The Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program (ECTP), among others. This article provides a brief description of each program. Please visit CalHFA for more details.
30-Year Fixed Mortgage Program.
This is a basic 30-Year first home mortgage created to reduce costs and allow low to medium income homebuyers to purchase their first home in California. This program allows for up to 95% financing of the house value on a long term (30 years) fixed interest that allows for relatively low monthly payments.
California Housing Assistance Program (CHAP)
This program provides first time homebuyers with a second loan to pay for the down payment. The payment of this second loan is deferred to allow buyers who can’t afford a down payment to take their first step on the property ladder.
California Homebuyer’s Downpayment Assistance Program (CHDAP)
This program is similar to CHAP but is designed for buyers with a moderate income and has more flexible requirements.
Affordable Housing Partnership Program (AHPP)
This program partners with local agencies in offering first time homebuyers with help to pay for the downpayment and closing costs. This program can be used with CalHFA’s 40-year loan but you can only get the reduced interest rates if you combine it with a 30-year loan.
30-Year Fixed- Government Insured/Guaranteed Mortgage
This program combines a 30-year mortgage with a CalHFA junior loan or second loan to pay for closing costs and downpayments.
Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program (ECTP)
This program is designed for Californian teachers and school staff that are looking to buy a new house. Besides providing a low interest mortgage and help with the downpayment this program can “forgive” the interest on the loan for eligible borrowers.
As you can see, help is available for those that are willing to look for it. This is not to say that all struggling borrowers or hopeful first-time homebuyers are going to get the help they want. Some cases are lost causes, and need to rearrange their finances before they qualify. However in many cases a little research and investment in time and effort can land you on the mortgage deal you have always wanted.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.