When you need to plan an upcoming move, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out. Even if you usually associate moving with becoming stressed, you can avoid the most common mistakes and make the process easier for yourself by taking a few preparatory steps. Instead of suffering through your next move feeling rushed and unprepared, work through these three crucial tips to make your move as simple as possible.
1. Find an Already Furnished Apartment
One of the most stressful parts of any move is getting large, bulky pieces of furniture out of one home, onto the moving truck and into the next residence. If you’re tired of straining to move big pieces of furniture, you may want to spend some time researching furnished apartments. By moving into a place that comes with furniture, you can easily eliminate some time and stress from your move.
2. Carefully Plan Out Your Packing and Moving Schedule
When it comes to pulling off a move smoothly, efficient packing and early planning is the key. Before the big day comes, make sure to:
- Start a checklist of what needs to be packed as early as possible
- Schedule in some time for packing each week leading up to your move
- Carefully plan out your moving day to avoid day-of delays and unwelcome surprises
3. Label Boxes Carefully and Avoid Overpacking
Another way to make your moving day easier is to get rid of items you no longer need and to label the rest as precisely as possible. You may wish to:
- Put labels on your boxes to make unpacking more straightforward
- Consider donating or selling some of your lesser-used possessions to have less to take with you
- Avoid overstuffing boxes to make each box easier to move
If you’ve struggled through complicated, stressful or difficult moves in the past, these tips can help make your next one as easy, painless and straightforward as possible. By taking these steps, you can accomplish your move without having to break a sweat.